How much do you know about social media platforms, facts and trends?
Well, it’s time to find out if you are a guru or a newbie! Take out a piece of paper and write down your 20 answers to this fun social media quiz! The answers are at the bottom of the post.
1) Which of the following platforms is the only one that is among the Top 10 most popular social networking Sites for 2014?
d) My Space
2) What is the approximate percentage of Twitter users who have created an account but have never sent a Tweet?
3. A famous 1999 book prophesized the human-to-human sharing economy that we now know as the social web. This influential book is:
a) Trust Agents
b) Return On Influence
d) The Cluetrain Manifesto
4. According to 2014 research, the number one subject featured in Instgram photos is:
5. Which of these platforms attracts the most marketing budget dollars (by far)?
a) paid search marketing
b) In-game advertising
c) mobile website ads
d) social media ads
6. What percentage of adult Americans engage in the social media “second screen” while watching television?
a) 84 percent
b) 74 percent
c) 54 percent
d) 44 percent
7. Many content creators are taking advantage of a new Google+ feature called HOA. What does HOA stand for?
a) Honestly Our Advice
b) Hangouts On Air
c) Hourly Online Activities
d) Historical Online Archives
8. An essential WordPress plug-in to catch blog spam is Akismet. What does Akismet stand for?
a) Akis Met is the name of the developer
b) Automatic Kismet
c) A Kiss for Metaya (the developer’s girlfrend)
d) It is simply a made-up name
9. Which social media platform had the fastest user growth between 2013-2014?
10. Which of the following platforms was founded first?
11. Which social media platform has the highest percentage of users with an income of $75,000 or more?
12. Who was the first U.S. President to be featured on a podcast?
a) Barack Obama
b) George W. Bush
c) Bill Clinton
d) Ronald Reagan
13. What company owns Slideshare?
a) Berkshire Hathaway
14. Which platform is currently experiencing the fastest growth within the 55-64 age bracket?
15. What is the most widely used social platform outside of the US?
16. Which of the following is NOT among the top 10 of languages used by WordPress bloggers?
17. Which country will generate the most revenue from mobile advertising in 2014?
b) South Korea
c) United States
18. We all know Facebook use is declining, right? Well not so fast. What is the percentage of the high school class of 2014 (in the US) that “still” uses Facebook?
19. Up until 2013, who was the only person with a perfect “100” Klout score?
a) Barack Obama
b) Lady Gaga
c) Justin Bieber
d) Gary Vaynerchuk
20. What is the largest Internet-based company in the world?
Are you ready for the social media quiz answers?
1. (B) VK is short for VKontakte (Russian for “in touch”) and it ranks #7, the largest European social network with more than a 100 million active users.
2. (D) Actually 44% of all Twitter users made an account and then abandoned twitter never using their new accounts. Metrics suggest 44% of Twitter uses never tweet
3. (D) The Cluetrain Manifesto is still frequently used as a reference and college text.
4. (A) The answers are listed in order of popularity according to the study.
5. (D) 77% of marketers surveyed are spending on social media ads compared to 51% for search, 43% for in-game advertising and 61% for mobile ads. Source 2014 Millward Brown study.
6. (D) According to a 2014 Forrester study, 44% use the second screen of social media while watching TV.
7. (B) Hangouts On Air allow users to broadcast and record live stream video.
8. (B) Automatic Kismet. Kismet is a word that means “fate.”
9. (B) Instagram is growing the fastest of all social media sites worldwide, increasing its active user base by 23% in the last six months. Pinterest had the fastest growth, 2012-1013.
10. (D) Linked In was founded in 2003, the same year as MySpace & iTunes! Facebook – 2004; YouTube 2005; Twitter 2006.
11. (C) Facebook according to the The Nonprofit Quarterly
12. (B) George W. Bush was on a White House podcast in 2005.
13. (C) LinkedIn
14. (A) Twitter-This demographic has grown 79% since 2012 while the 45–54 year age bracket is the fastest growing demographic on both Facebook and Google+, according to FastCompany.
15. (A) Facebook has a whopping 650 million plus users outside the U.S. QZone,the largest social media platform in China, is next with 450 million active users.
16. (C) Mandarin. According to WordPress, blogs are written in over 120 languages. Here are the top 10:
- English 66%
- Spanish 8.7%
- Portuguese 6.5%
- Indonesian 3.5%
- Italian 2%
- German 1.8%
- French 1.4%
- Russian 1.1%
- Vietnamese 1.1%
- Swedish 1.0%
17. (B) South Korea. According to Gartner, The rapid adoption of smartphones has given the Asia/Pacific region an early lead in mobile advertising.
18. (C) 87% of the Class of 2014 still use Facebook
19. (C) Justin Bieber. He was replaced by Barack Obama after a 2013 algorithm change. Bieber’s power over his fans was so impressive Klout named a meeting room after him.
20. (A) Google. The answers are in the right order. Tencent is a Chinese holding coimpany.
So how did you do on our little social media quiz? Let’s here from you in the comment section!
Illustration courtesy BigStock,com