Social Media Marketing Books
Mark W. Schaefer is among the most popular marketing authors in the world and has created the authoritative social media marketing books on influence marketing, Twitter for personal and business success, social media strategy, content marketing, and blogging.
Content Code: One of the top five marketing books of the year!
The cutting-edge book that shows you what’s NEXT in digital marketing.
This may be the most difficult (and exciting!) time to be in marketing. Fragmented channels. Shifting rules of engagement on social, mobile, and digital advertising. Tumultuous changes in SEO best practices.
Thrown into this mix is perhaps the most profound change to our industry since the mobile phone — malignant growth in information density. We need ideas. We need alternatives and a plan to fight through this challenge. We need The Content Code.
The Content Code is a blueprint to cut through this intimidating wall of noise and become the signal with your customers and stakeholders. This path-finding book covers essential new ideas accessible to any individual and any business, such as:
- How the business value of digital marketing is being forged by content saturation and content transmission, not Likes, followers, or page views — requiring a new business focus and mindset.
- How, in many cases, successful content marketing has nothing to do with content and everything to do with branding, social proof, and the authority of your website.
- Dozens of ways to build “shareability” into your content that gives your efforts the very best chance to cut through and succeed.
- Why marketing strategy needs to refocus on the elite 2 percent of your audience — your Alpha Audience — who truly drives economic value.
- The six possible strategies to ignite your content — nearly all of them are available and affordable to businesses of any size.
- Technological changes on the horizon that will radically alter every approach to social media and content marketing.
The Content Code is a MUST HAVE guide for any professional in marketing, public relations, journalism, content creation, and advertising.
Cut the hype. Lose the lingo. This is Social Media Explained!
The best-selling social media book of 2014! — This is the essential guide to succeeding in the complex world of social media — Social Media Explained: Untangling the World’s Most Misunderstood Business Trend Too busy to spend hours trying to learn the fundamentals of social media marketing? This is the book for you! Here are the key deliverables of Social Media Explained:
- An enlightening examination of the five foundational principles of social media. If you understand these ideas, you can handle anything they throw at you.
- The five biggest social media questions facing every single company. You’re the leader. You need the answers. Here they are.
- At the end of each chapter there is a list of the key questions you need to be asking to effectively guide a strategy.
- The final section is a pithy overview of the main social media platforms. Just enough so you can hold a conversation if you need to.
This is the must-have guide for understanding the sociological and psychological drivers that make social media marketing work. Here are the people who can benefit most from this book:
- Are you leading a marketing, advertising, or PR agency and you’re frustrated because your clients “don’t get it?” Buy this book for them and then they’ll have a more realistic expectation of what you can deliver and why.
- If you are a senior marketing person who needs to understand social media and fast, this is the guide you have been waiting for!
- Anybody who is starting or leading a small business and is trying to figure out how to make an entrance on the social web — relief is here!
- Students trying to understand the fundamentals in a way that will help you make an impact now. Social Media Explained is being used as a text in many universities including Northestern University, University of Oregon and Ohio State.
An all-new edition of the world’s best-selling book on Twitter.
It’s time to take the mystery out of Twitter!
The best-selling book on Twitter! Twitter may be the most powerful business and personal networking platform ever created but it remains a frustrating, strange world for most people. In his best-selling book The Tao of Twitter, Revised and Expanded New Edition: Changing Your Life and Business 140 Characters at a Time, Mark W. Schaefer explores the path, the majestic random synergy of Twitter that has the potential to change your business and your life forever — if you know the way! This popular marketing book is designed for busy people who can’t spend hours in experimentation and research trying to find success. In one hour you will know enough strategies, tactics, and time-savers to create an effective presence on Twitter that will result in meaningful and measurable benefits. In an all-new edition of this beloved book, Schaefer provides colorful examples and easy-to-follow, non-technical ideas and tips, including:
- Building business benefits through Twitter
- The formula behind every Twitter success
- Applying Twitter for competitive advantage
- A daily Twitter regimen
- How to use Twitter advertising
- Finding your relevant, engaged audience
- Specific business and personal benefits
- 25 Ways to attract targeted followers
… plus hundreds of fresh ideas that will make Twitter fun and profitable. Jump-start your journey toward social media success by learning the Tao of Twitter! This beloved book has helped thousands of readers around the world and propelled thousands fo businesses to Twitter success.
Official book website: The Tao Of Twitter
Return On Influence: Winner of the American Library Association’s business book of the year award.
We are on the cusp of a marketing revolution. And it’s being led by you!
This is the path-finding book that led the influence marketing revolution! Hundreds of companies are slicing, dicing, and dissecting the billions of bits of information published on social media sites such as Twitter and Facebook each day and grading your ability to create buzz.
The most powerful of these new “Citizen Influencers” are rewarded by the world’s biggest brands with trips, merchandise, and luxury cars. Today, anyone can get behind the velvet rope … if you know how! Mark Schaefer’s break-through international best-selling book is an essential guide to the latest trends in social networking.
Return On Influence shows you how to measure, adapt, and grow your influence online using groundbreaking new technologies and field-tested marketing tools. This is a step-by-step guide that shows you how to take advantage of social scoring systems to measure online influence, harness it, and leverage it for your business.
This book has received rave reviews by the CBS Morning News, The Wall Street Journal, Fox News,and many other leading media channels. Whether you’re the CEO of a large corporation, run your own small business, or are seeking your own place of power on the social web, Return On Influence is the essential field guide for the new influence marketing. Official book website: Return On Influence
Launch a business and ignite a movement with a powerhouse blog!
The best-selling blogging book on Amazon. Born to Blog: Building Your Blog for Personal and Business Success One Post at a Time is filled with practical, street-smart techniques and ideas to help you create and manage a winning personal or business blog. Learn how to attract a loyal following, promote your blog, and write powerful content that generates new business. If you loved The Tao of Twitter, you won’t be able to put this book down either. Mark and his co-author Stanford Smith take you through a step-by-step process to help you create a great personal or business blog. Book highlights include:
- Discovering your blogging strengths and style
- Getting started: The Minimal Viable Blog
- Saving time as you create content
- The economics of blogging
- Blog writing for your market
- Attracting readers and igniting your content
“If your dream is to launch a business or publish a book, then read Born to Blog! You’ll realize the blogger way is your fastest path to success.” — MICHAEL STELZNER, founder of Social Media Examiner and author of Launch
“Born to Blog makes blogging accessible and fun for anyone. Read it, use it, and watch your business grow.” — JAY BAER, founder of Convince and Convert and coauthor of The Now Revolution
“Read this book, then go blog like you were born to do so.” — JASON FALLS, founder of Social Media Explorer and coauthor of No Bullshit Social Media
“Blogging beginners and seasoned pros alike will find valuable advice they can put to use immediately.” — LEO WIDRICH, cofounder, Buffer
Official book website: Born to Blog
Get in on the Social BOOM!
Mark W. Schaefer is a guest author on Jeffery Gitomer’s newest best-seller Social BOOM! This book contains every aspect of social media, including the business periphery (blog, personal website, e-zine) that you need in order to create the real law of attraction. When you create a connection, it’s an indicator that a prospect, or customer wants to continue the online relationship, which may lead to real business. Graduate from social media to social business by creating value that others will perceive as important to fulfilling their needs. As you go through each aspect of this foundation-building, platform-building book, you will read the ideas that Gitomer and others are using right now. None of the ideas are random. All of them are fully tested and can be implemented by you, too. None of the ideas contain solicitation (buy my product, make a lot of money). All of them get you and your brand out there in a systematic way that will bring in dollars.
For educators: Mark Schaefer’s popular marketing books are used as text books in more than 50 universities including NYU, University of Wisconsin, Florida State, University of Michigan, and Northwestern University. Free review copies are available for college faculty members by inquiring through info@businessesGROW.com. If one of our social media marketing books is assigned as required classroom text, Mr. Schaefer will Skype into your class at no cost for a Q&A session with students.