Social Media Marketing Strategy
Mark Schaefer literally wrote the book on social media marketing strategy.
He has developed social media marketing strategies for some of the world’s best-known brands including Adidas, Merck, and the U.S. Air Force. He has also worked with smaller businesses ranging from tech start-ups to a winery in Provence and a regional medical clinic.
There are three primary reasons Mark Schaefer stands alone in social media and marketing strategy development:
- He has more than 30 years of experience developing marketing strategies for global brands.
- His education includes an MBA and a masters degree in organizational devlopment. Your completed stratey will acknowledge the political and bureacratic realities so your plan will work, not sit on a shelf.
- Schaefer’s background in statistics and analysis helps him unearth opportunities other strategists normally miss.
A typical marketing strategy development process takes between one week and two months depending on the complexity of the business. The process might include:
- A deep-dive “brand discovery” session with the client.
- Data and internal research review
- Primary and secondary research
- Executive interviews
- Customer interviews
- Competitor analysis
- Industry analysis
The deliverable will be an actionable, prioritized plan that is tailored to your specific needs, budget and resources. Based on the customer needs, this plan would include:
- Specific action plans including strategies for each social media platform
- A high-level survey of competitor marketing and industry social media best practices
- Insights from customers and other relevant stakeholders
- Recommendations on marketing tone, points of differentiation, and positioning
- A detailed list of short-term activities that will immediately boost your social media effectiveness
- Recommendations on measurement and a social media dashboard
- Specific ideas on community-building strategies that will lead to content “ignition”
- Recommendations on resourcing, on-going program management, and budget
- Written report plus live or web meeting review of the plan
- Follow-up calls and consultations as needed
There is no need to be overwhelmed and frustrated. Call me today and let’s get to work!